The Fairtrade difference
So what sets you apart?
Whether your company is large or small, partnering with Fairtrade can help improve the lives of the farmers and workers who produce the products you sell.
The Fairtrade difference and how it will benefit your business:
- The guarantee of a Minimum Price is unique to Fairtrade certification. This covers the cost of sustainable production for the product in that region and provides a safety net for when prices crash.
- We also have Fairtrade Standards. Here, we help you to understand your supply chains, address sustainability challenges, talk about the change you are affecting and convince consumers of your mission.
- The Fairtrade Premium contributions are additional payments that come with certification. They are often used to support better farming practices, invest in strengthening producer businesses or improve their local communities and plan for the future.
- Marketing and promotion of your Fairtrade certification is critical, but it may also be daunting. So we provide you with some marketing materials and support, relevant data as well as advocate on your behalf at the policy and business level.
- The Fairtrade global system is 50% owned by producers representing farmer and worker organisations. With an equal voice, producers have a say in decision-making within our General Assembly and on Fairtrade International’s Board of Directors.
Making a difference
Fairtrade is part of a broad landscape of organisations working to make ethical and sustainable sourcing the norm. We can’t do it alone, but we are proud not only of what we do but how we do it.
But don’t just take our word for it
In early 2020, Fairtrade was recognised as the most effective labelling system in the world after analysis from an independent body, The Fair World Project, in their International Guide to Fair Trade Labels. We were assessed as the most effective across environment and sustainability, workers rights, gender equality and fighting poverty achieved via the Fairtrade Premium payment system.
Want to get Fairtrade certification – click here to get started.